So with the first lab I ran into some DHCP issues, since I wasn’t separating anything with vlans, nor was I separating the traffic via switches. With this new lab, I’ve simplified it even further. I’m not using any routing and switching, outside of NSX-T.
So for configuring the Nested ESXis, you can still follow this guide. The guide will show the process of deploying nested ovas onto your physical ESXi. As far the vm settings, network configurations, please see below.
Table of Contents
Physical ESXi Network Settings
Nested ESXi VM configuration
Follow the doc above on how to configure these vms.
Nested esxi Specs:
- 8 cpu each (Make sure to check “Expose hardware assisted virtualization to the guest OS”)
- 64 GB memory
- 3 Hard Disks
- 8GB for ESXi installation (Thin provisioned)
- 4GB for vSAN caching (Thin provisioned)
- 500GB for vSAN capacity (Thin provisioned)
- 3 Network Adapters: All VM Network